A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Healthy chicken, ranch nachos

I made these the other night with shrimp, chicken, beans, guacamole and salsa. I did not post b.c I have never tried this before. Well, it turned out FABULOUS! So fabulous that I made another version for my lunch today. I don't know about you but, I hate nachos that are served on a plate of chips and a little bit of topping. You always end up with more chips than topping. So, I just love when restaurants serve nachos individually! I took one pita bread and sliced in 1/2 then again in 1/2.

then slice each of the quarters into halves again(to make triangles).
then I topped with some shredded rotisserie chicken, ranch dressing, pickled jalapenos and topped with cheese(but the toppings are endless)!

Place in the oven on 350 for 7-10 min. And then for the last 2 min. place the oven on high broil to get the cheese extra bubbly.
And waalllaaahhh Happy snacking y'all.
Oh, and heres another hint. If you love sour cream.. use greek yogurt. And I always add 1 can of green chile's to a 6 oz. can of greek yogurt and mix. it is amazing on chicken or shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment