A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

who wants the easiest recipe for blackened fish?

This will be the EASIEST recipe that I will EVER post!
If you take your favorite fish(In this case I used tilapia), and place in a large Ziploc bag. Then add whatever seasonings that you choose. I used lemon pepper, season salt, paprika, black pepper, a chipolte seasoning and a dash of jalapeno salt.The one seasoning that I recommend.. some type of acidity.. lemon pepper, lemon zest, or a dash of lemon juice. This is good on any type of fish! Shake up your seasonings w/ the fish in the ziplock bag and let stand for 30 min.
The key to a great blackened recipe to me is that the dry seasonings set on the meat. This is a dry rub marinade so to speak(you don't want liquids). Then I took my cast iron skillet and placed just enough grape seed oil(you can use olive) to coat the skillet. Then I placed each piece of fish on for 4 min. on each side(tilapia is thin so it did not take long) And.... waaaaaaaallllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh.... easy peasy(lol)! Happy eating y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment