A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

a take on one of Rachel Ray's burger's of the month OMG!!!








Ok.. So, Rachel Ray posted an AMAZING recipe in her August issue of her magazine. I have been dying to try it. So, what I do is take the basics and change it up just a bit. So, this is what I did(I did not think the hubby would like it.. well he didn't.. he LOVED IT)!

I took 1 pkg of 97% lean beef. I mixed my favorite seasonings, minced garlic(or you could do onion..This is to make the meat moist since it is so lean), and 1 tblsp. of Worcestershire sauce. mix well with your hands and make into 4 patties. Then I grilled the patties and 1 pablano pepper. when the pepper is done, I took off the grill and let cool. Once the patties were almost done, I made an egg over medium on a skillet and took 2 pieces of 100% whole grain(pepperidge farm)bread and added I can't believe it's not butter to one side of each piece. (Oh i forgot.. while the burgers are on the grill, I took turkey bacon, placed on a cooling rack over a baking sheet and baked on 375 until crispy). I then cut the bread down to size to fit the burger(they are large pieces). i added the pepper, the burger, the egg, the bacon,your fav. cheese,  and the other piece of bread(butter side out), and placed on my panini press(or a skillet). Just like a grilled cheese. cook until the bread is crispy and waaalllaaahhh! YUMMYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Rach! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment