A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Monday, January 9, 2012

shrimp, steamed veggies and garlic pasta???!!!! Oh my!!!!!!!

I have had such a busy day! I really did not make a menu. So, what does a girl do??? Well, I took out some large frozen gulf shrimp(that is already de-veined and tails off) out of the freezer and let de-thaw(1/2 lb.). Then I placed in a ziploc bag.. added 1 tblsp. of rice vinegar and oil with a pkg. of this.....
While marinating... I cut up 1/2 an onion, 1/2 head of broccoli, 1/3 head of cauliflower,1 zucchini and 1 sweet pepper. Then, I steamed all of the veggies. While steaming the veggies, I cooked 1/3 of a box of 100% whole grain linguine in a pot and placed the shrimp in my wok w/ some grape seed oil(my new fav.!). Once the shrimp was about 1/2 way done, I added a can of cooked chicken(drained). Then add the steamed veggies. While you stir fry all of these ingredients together for 3-5 min. Take the aldente pasta(cooks for 8-10 min.) and add 2 tblsps. of I can't believe its not butter and 2 tblspns. of minced garlic. Then add to the stir-fry.. Mix for 2 min. and waaaalllaaaaa! Hearty, healthy, fast(took less than 30 min.), and so delicious! Happy eating Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment