A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Non-fried chicken and green beans w/bacon and potatoes!

I made this dinner from a complete nod from Paula Deen and her son Bobby. I made my own twists to the recipes but... I really followed the main ingredients.
For the green beans and potatoes....

this is a real easy recipe and pretty healthy. I bought about a pound to a pound and a half of fresh green beans. Snap off the ends and then again in half and toss in the pot(after rinsing) Dice up 1/2 of a sweet, yellow onion, about 4 pre-cooked bacon slices(the pre cooked is so much easier BUT you can throw in 2 slices of uncooked bacon(i used turkey bacon this time). It will have more grease in it but the flavor is really good) and cut 3-5 red potatoes into quarters. Throw all of that in there with a can of chicken stock.cover and cook on med. heat until all is tender. About 20-30 min. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for flavor and then a palm full (about 1 tablespoon) of dried oregano or dried Italian seasoning (you can get that Italian seasoning at walmart for .50 right now)!

For the non fried chicken.



I took 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs. I seasoned them to my liking. In a separate bowl I mixed1/4 cup of fat free miracle whip, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 egg white and hot sauce as desired(optional).then I took a bowl of Kellogg's brand corn flake crumbs mixed with panko bread crumbs. Dredged the chicken in the wet mixture than into the bread crumbs. I placed the thighs on a cooling rack over a baking sheet and baked on 375 degrees for 40-45 min.

Serve with honey Mustard or Ranch and waaaalllaaahhhh.. yummy, healthy meal! Thank you Deen Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment