A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pan seared tilapia w/ shrimp, scallops and veggies!


This was a very healthy meal that I literally just threw together. I keep fresh veggies as a staple in my home and I keep all of my meat in the freezer until the day that I am ready to cook(this way the meat does not go bad). So, I saw that I had some great seafood in the freezer and decided to make a seafood "stir fry" if you will. It really was delicious and very healthy!

I started off by taking about 1/2lb- 3/4 lb. of large gulf shrimp and 1 4 oz. pkg of baby scallops, and placed them in a bowl. Seasoned with a about a teaspoon of fish oil, season salt, pepper, garlic salt and crushed red pepper(optional).  I let that marinate while I prepared the rest of the meal. About 20-30 min.
While the seafood is marinating, I cup up my veggies. You can use whatever that you have in the refrigerator. I cut up 3 whole mushrooms, 1/4 sweet red pepper, 1 stalk of celery, 2 small asparagus stalks, 1 parsnip(or carrot), 1 jalapeno(optional), 1/2 sweet onion, 1/2 cup of red cabbage and about 1 cup of broccoli florets.

I know that sounds like a lot of vegetables! That is why I suggest that you just go through what you have instead of buying just for this recipe. That could get expensive! I honestly just chopped up what I had!


I then seasoned those veggies with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic, 2 tablespoon's of lite Caesar dressing, some salt and pepper. I also cut up (2) slices of turkey bacon and mixed well...
I took my slices of tilapia and seasoned with the dry ingredients that I placed on the seafood. Then I heated one pan with cooking spray(i used cast iron, but it is not necessary) for the tilapia and heated a wok for the veggies and the seafood. The reason that I used a wok is b.c that is a lot of food, but if you don't have a wok, I would just use 2 separate pans. One for the veggie mix and another for the seafood mix. So you would have 3 pans going at one time.


If you are using a wok, place the seafood in first. For about 3 min. or until it turns pink. Then add the veggies and stir fry for another 7 min.

For the tilapia.... On med-high heat cook each side for 5 min.(or until flaky).

Place your veggie/seafood mixture on a plate and add the pan seared tilapia and Waaalllaahhh... you have a healthy, delicious meal! Happy eating Y'all!







No comments:

Post a Comment