A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Chicken and Shrimp taco salad.

I have really been trying to put together some healthy recipes. I work out daily, but I am moving to Florida towards the end of the year!!!!! Need I say more??? LOL!

So, last night I created my own version of a taco salad. It not only turned out great, but was quite filling! Here is what I did.....

I sliced 1 chicken breast (placed in a bowl), and in took (9) large gulf shrimp and seasoned with my favorite seasonings... pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, fajita seasoning, and garlic salt. I sprayed a pan with cooking spray and cooked for about 7-10 min.(or until there is no pink left in the meat).

In a separate saute pan, I mixed a can o kidney beans and great northern beans(both drained). Placed on low until warm.

While the protein and beans are cooking, I diced up the following veggies.... Cilantro,onions, tomatoes and red peppers.
Once everything is done (which only takes about 20 min. from start to finish), I took fresh spinach(instead of lettuce) and placed on a plate. Top with the meat mixture, veggies, salsa and hot sauce (homemade or store bought) and "sour cream" See below for my low fat version... Add some tortilla chips around the plate and top with some shredded cheese.


Instead of sour cream... I mix 1 tub of greek yogurt along with a can of green chili's. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.. you will never know the difference.



Waalllllaaahhhhhhaaaa! Happy, healthy eating y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment