A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Eggs Benedict







I first started out by making the Hollandaise sauce.
in a tin cup or a steel bowl whisk together 4 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice.
In a microwave safe bowl melt 1/3rd cup of butter.
I then placed water in my steamer and brought to a low boil. Place the straining basket in the boiler and then place your tin in the basket. The point of this is because you do not want the water to hit your sauce or the eggs will scramble.
Slowly add your melted butter and continually whisk until the sauce has thickened and the sauce has doubled in volume. Remove from heat and whisk in a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper. Place aside until you are ready to place on your eggs. If the sauce gets thick then just whisk in a few drops of warm water before pouring over your eggs.
For the eggs...
I took a med. sized pan(about 10") and filled the skillet half way with water and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar. Once the water come to a slow boil on med-high heat I cracked two eggs into the boiling water(Just like if you were to do eggs over easy... you must be careful placing the eggs into the water).
While this is cooking I warmed up 2 sliced of canadian bacon and toasted an english muffin.
Once the eggs are done(about 5 min.), take a slotted spoon and carefully pull out of the water.
I placed 1/2 slice of cheese on both slices of  the english muffins, topped with the canadian bacon, the eggs, hollandaise sauce and I placed 1 leaf of spinach.
and waaalllllaaahhhhh! Happy eating y'all

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment Keller! I must say... It was a great way to start of my Sat. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete