A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Friday, March 2, 2012

Blackened chicken with a cilantro, basil pasta

I started out by taking 2 chicken breasts, placed in a ziploc bag and pounded out with a mallet. Once the chicken was between 1/4'-1/2" thick I placed on a plate and patted dry with a napkin. I then seasoned with garlic salt, pepper and paprika.
I took a cast iron skillet and covered with about 1/2" of grapeseed oil(you can use whatever oil that can stand a high heat). Once the oil starts to bubble, I added the chicken breasts and cooked for 8-10 min. per side. While that was cooking I chopped up 3 green onions, 3 small sweet peppers(or you could do one large red pepper), and some diced mushrooms. With the mushrooms I used the rest of the stems that I had left over from my stuffed mushrooms that I made on 2/29/12. The amount was equal to about 2 mushrooms.
Once the chicken is done I took it out of the pan and set aside. Add the vegetable mixture to skillet that you had the chicken in and cook until the vegetables are tender(about 4-5 min.). Once the veggies are tender I added 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of white wine, 1/3 cup milk, 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 oz of cream cheese.
Once the cream cheese and butter melts add about 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro, 3 leaves of fresh diced basil and (2) roma tomatoes diced. Let all of those flavors marinate for about another 3-4 min.
Top this sauce over some whole wheat pasta and mix well. But save some of the sauce to top over the blackened chicken as well.
Slice your chicken, place on top of the pasta, add a little more sauce and some Parmesan cheese!!!!!
OMG people! A little slice of heaven!
Happy eating y'all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment