A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Easy weeknight chili




Being a girl from Texas, I love a slow cooked chili! But, who does not love a quick recipe with great flavor?
I started out by browning 1 1/2 lb. of 97% fat free ground beef.
While the beef is browning I added a pkg. of McCormick chili seasoning. I also added some of my own seasonings like cumin, garlic powder and chili powder.
Once the beef was browned I added on can of diced tomatoes, I can of tomato paste, corn(drained), kidney beans(drained) and sliced peppers(jalapeno, red and yellow).

turn the heat on med.-low and let all of the peppers marinate into the flavor(about 8-10 min.) Then add a few tablespoons of cilantro and mix well.

While that was marinating, I made a "sour cream" out of greek yogurt and a can of green chili's
Then take your chili, top with cheese, onions and "sour cream".
I also served with a side of skillet corn bread. And walllaahhhhaaa! Happy easy weeknight eating Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment