A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A copy cat recipe of Panera Breads Broccoli Chesse soup!

I will have to start off by saying that I am sorry about the picture quality lately. I have sent my camera back to Nikon to be serviced. So, I have been using my Iphone and Ipad! I hope to have my camera back in the next few days!

I made this last night and I must say..... YUMMY!!!!!!!

I started by taking a sourdough loaf and hollowed it out with a knife. I then cut those interior pieces into slices for dipping.

In a small saute pan I took 1 tablespoon of butter and 1/2 diced sweet onion. I sauteed until golden and set aside.

In a large pot or dutch oven I melted 1/4 cup of butter and then whisked in 1/4 cup of flour. Stirring constantly. After about 2 min. of whisking, I added 2 cups of both fat free 1/2 and 1/2 cream and chicken stock. Let simmer on low for 20 min.

I then added 2 heads of chopped broccoli florets and 1 julienned carrot(I used parsnip), and the onions. Cook over low heat for 20-25 min. Add salt, pepper and a dash of nutmeg for taste.

Then I added 3 cups of shredded cheese( I used 2 cups of sharp cheddar, 1 cup mozzarella) and 2 tablespoons of processed Velveeta. Once the cheese melts, add to the bread bowl and wwwwaaalllllaahhh! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment