A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Southwestern frittata


I really just love recipes that are very versatile.  You can literally just take a basic recipe,look into your refrigerator, see what you have and throw something together. That is what I did with this frittata and it was AMAZING!!!!

I took 1/2 cup of a frozen potato mix, placed in an iron skillet(or something oven safe) and cook on med. heat until slightly browned.


I then added 1/4 diced onion
4 oz. mushrooms
2 jalapenos (optional)
a handful of fresh spinach and some type of meat.
I used leftover fajita meat from last nights dinner. I cooked that for about 5-7 min. Until the heat warms up all of the ingredients.




I then took 9 eggs and whisked them vigorously(like you would do for scrambled eggs), and add to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.


Then add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, 1/2 cup of feta cheese and 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes( not in oil. if in oil, rinse off).



Cook w/o stirring for about 5 min., or until the egg mixture is just about set but the top is still loose. Then place the pan in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 20-25 min. (until the center is set). Remove from the oven, slice and serve




And waaalllllaaaahhhh, Happy eating y'all!









No comments:

Post a Comment