A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Tequila Chicken

In my opinion this is the BEST recipe!!! AND, I got it from one of my favorite chefs... Guy Fieri! Like I always do... I twist a great recipe to be my own.
If you buy a cooked rotisserie chicken then this recipe is very easy. Being the Texas girl that I am. I like to smoke mine myself. I inject the bird with seasoning and Dr. Pepper. But, that is another recipe. lol

Take a cooked rotisserie chicken, peel the skin off and shred the meat. I just peel it apart with my hands and then run a knife through the meat on a cutting board. Then take 2 layers of foil and peel the edges together(about 15 inches long) so no liquid can get through and create a makeshift dish.. see below..
Once the foil is prepared take a 1/4 cup of oil and distribute over the foil "dish". I used grape seed but you can use olive as well. Then add a mixture of veggies. I used 1 onion(I usually use red in this recipe, but I was out), 1 sweet pepper(red, yellow or orange), 2 jalapenos, and 2 tablespoons minced garlic.
Then top with your shredded chicken
Once the chicken is on then add 3 oz. of your favorite Tequila. I used Tabasco tequila. then 3 oz. of lime juice(or the juice of 2 limes).Dice up some cilantro( I love cilantro so I used about 1/4 cup) and add 1 1/4 cup of your favorite shredded cheese....
Take 2 more layers of foil and close up all the sides(to be sure no liquids will fall out). Place in a 250 degree oven for 10 min. on each side and then you can make tacos, sandwiches, or just eat it by itself.

And waalllaaahhh! Happy eating Y'all!
So Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment