A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chicken, Scallops and saffron rice!!!



This was such an easy dish to make! It was also healthy, hearty and delicious!

I started with taking a can(or 2 cups of water with one chicken bouillon cube) of  chicken stock and placing in my rice cooker(you can use a pot as well) I then added one cup of saffron rice.
Let cook for about 30-35 min. or until almost done (once the liquid has almost dissolved) and add one cup of frozen veggies. I used peas, corn and carrots. let sit in the rice for about 5 min. and that is done.

while you are cooking the rice, take 3/4 lb. of large shrimp(de-veined and tails off ) and 1/2 lb. of scallops(I got the small scallops on sale for 1.99, but I would have used larger ones otherwise) and season. I used a season salt, pepper, paprika, chipolte powder and onion powder. Once seasoned heat up 2 tblspns. of oil in a pan and let get hot. I used grape seed oil(see below).
Then I sauteed the shrimp and scallops for about 5-8 , min. (or until done) topped with the juice of 1/2 a lime as well as the zest, placed on top of the rice and waaaallllaaaahhhhh! So delicious and super easy! Happy eating y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment