A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chocolate chip-coffee muffins

Chocolate mixed with coffee into a muffin..My husband is now in heaven! He always jokes with me and asks me what kind of woman am I? I don't drink coffee and I don't eat chocolate! I know, crazy right!!??? I am more of a savory food, green tea and sour candy type of girl. BUT, I found this recipe and I just knew that it would be a hit!

2/3 cups of milk(I used almond but the recipe calls for whole. you can use whatever)
5 tblspns. butter, melted( I used I can't believe it's not butter)
3 tblspns. instant coffee granules
1 1/2 tspns. vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups sugar
1/2(I used a cup) chocolate chips(I used dark)
2 tspns. baking powder
1/4 tspn. salt
baking cups

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
combine first 5 ingredients and mix with a mixer
In a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients
combine the ingredients together in the mixer until blended well and fold in the chocolate chips.
spoon into the baking sheets and place in a muffin tin.
Cook for 18-20 min. I use a toothpick to place in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, they are done.
And walllaaahhhhh! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment