A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

oatmeal, banana, raisin and peanut butter cookies!!!!

My Husband really loves cookies. This is a great cookie recipe and could even be a good breakfast when you are in a hurry to get out the door!

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

I took one banana, 1/2 cup of peanut butter(I used chunky)3/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. I mixed that in my kitchen aid mixer(you can mix in a bowl).
In a separate bowl I mixed 2 pkg.s of of peaches and cream instant oatmeal(you can use whatever you want even just regular oatmeal), 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup dry milk powder and 2 teaspoons of raisins(you could also use dried cranberries or cherries. The options are endless).
I refrigerated for 30 min. (It is always good to refrigerate any dough in my opinion. usually I leave over night but this recipe was more hearty so it was OK after 1/2 an hour).
I took  1 tablespoon full of dough and placed them 3 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cooked for 15 min.(or until done). I then transferred to a wire cooling rack and waaaalllllaaaaahhhhh! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment