A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

chicken, shrimp, veggies and rice



If you are trying to eat healthy for the new year, this is for you!
This is so easy and so delicious!
I took 1/2 lb.of shrimp and 1 chicken breast. I cut up the chicken breast and placed both of the meats in a plastic bag. I then added enough Wondera flour(you could use cornmeal as well) to coat all of the meat(about 1/2 cup). I also added a bunch of my favorite seasonings. I then shook the meat in the bag to get an even coating.
Take a cast iron skillet and coat with whatever oil you choose(I used grape seed oil). You only need about 2 teaspoons b/c you are not deep frying, you are just cooking on the skillet. Cook the meat until browned(about 5 min. per side).
While cooking the meat I cooked 1 cup of brown rice in a rice cooker. If you do not have a rice cooker, take a large pot and use 2 cups of liquid per 1 cup of rice. I like to use chicken broth for the flavor, but you can use water.
At the same time I steamed some of my favorite veggies.
Put them all together and waaaallllaaaahhh! Healthy, delicious meal! And it only took about 20 min.!!! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment