A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

my new homeade bbq sauce

This is a great quick sauce for marinating and basting pork or chicken. I would not use as a dipping sauce.
I took 1/2 cup of Ketsup and Orange juice
1 teaspoon of Siracha (you could use any type of chile sauce)
1 teaspoon of soy sauce
a pinch of cumin
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/2 of a lemon(including the zest)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of mustard( I like a good spicy brown)
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1 pkg. of trivia or sweet and low(I did this to save on calories. it gives that perfect sweetness).

Mix all of these ingredients in a bowl. Place your chicken or pork in a large ziploc bag and add 1/2 of the bbq sauce(to every 4 pieces of meat) and reserve the rest for once the meat is on the grill. And... waaalllahhhhaaaa! Happy BBQ'ing y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment