A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tex mex burgers



I took Rachel Ray's Burger of the month recipe in her March issue and made it my own. And let me tell you...No matter if you make my version or hers.... It is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took 12 slices of turkey bacon.I put 8 of those slices and placed in a pre-heated 375 degree oven and cooked for 15-17 min. or until crispy.

In the meantime, I took 1 lb. of 98% lean ground beef. Diced up the other 4 pieces of turkey bacon, grated 1/2 of a Spanish onion, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of chipolte in adobo sauce,  2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, and mixed together with my hands. Once mixed together I made the meat mixture into 4 burgers.
Place the burgers on the grill or an indoor panini press. Cook for about 5-7 min. per side.
Then I took buns and toasted.
Added some homemade salsa(you could use salsa from a jar)
then placed the burger.
then placed 2 slices of the turkey bacon
Then added queso(see below), onion, jalapenos,2 tortilla chips,  and cilantro...
OMG!!! What a GREAT burger!!! For Rachel Ray's recipe see her burger of the month in her March 2012 issue.


For the queso:
Take a small log of Velveeta cheese and place in a crock pot. add 1 can of rotel and 1/2 log of cooked spicy sausage! Once melted... You have a great Queso!

No comments:

Post a Comment