A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An easy weeknight pizza





I absolutely LOVE this recipe! I love it for quite a few reasons
1. It is quick! By the time the delivery boy gets to your house, you have already had dinner!
2. It is healthier than ordering in
3. you add your own ingredients so this can be as healthy as you want it to be(or not lol)
4. It is soooooo easy!
So, here is what you do...
You take Pillsbury pizza dough. It comes in those little tubes just like all of their bread. Roll it out on to some parchment paper (parchment paper allows for easy removal and you don't need to add cooking spray)
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Once I layed the dough out, I pinched the corners to give it some height as well and a definitive end crust. Then I took a jar of Prego pizza sauce and spread over the dough(leaving a few inches on all sides.
Since this is a jar sauce, I added some dried oregano to the top of the sauce. Then add some shredded mozzarella cheese(as little or as much as you would like).
Then add your ingredients. I added chicken(I used a large can drained. It is by the canned tuna in grocery store. Sometimes I will saute up some chicken breast, but I was going this quick! And it was done in less than 20 min.), jalapenos, mushrooms, feta, minced garlic, some fresh spinach and sliced campari tomatoes.
Then I topped with some more mozzarella and popped in the oven for 10-13 min.(or until the crust is browned).
And waalllaaahhhhh! You have a custom pizza for much cheaper and much healthier than take-out! For all of these toppings, a pizza place would charge you a whole lot! Plus, you can control the quality of your toppings! That is what is great about cooking, you know your ingredients. And, if you have kids, this is a great dish to get them involved in! Happy eating y'all!








No comments:

Post a Comment