A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Sweet and spicy tuna melt

This is a very delicious tuna melt. If you are not that big of a spicy fan, I would still give it a try. I am a spicy fan but I would rate this as a 3 or 4 on a 1-10 spicy meter! This sandwich has so much flavor!
I took a can of sweet & spicy chunk light tuna in oil with peppers. Drained it and placed in a large bowl. I then diced up part of a red onion(however much that you like), and one sweet pepper.
Since the tuna is in oil, there is no need to add mayo etc. But, to give it a little flavor, I added about 1/2 tablespoon of Ranch dressing, a dash of salt and pepper and mixed well.
I then took 2 pieces of bread(I use pepperidge farm 100% German whole wheat), and sprayed one side of each slice with I can't believe its not butter.
Then take one slice of bread)butter side down and place in a pan or a panini press(If you use a pan, take another pan and place on the top of the sandwich, it will help press the sandwich together). top with Tuna mixture, 2 slices of swiss cheese and some fresh spinach.
Top with the other slice of bread. Butter side up and cook on each side for 3-5 min. or until the bread is crispy.
Place on a plate, cut in half and waaaallllllaaaahhhh!
Delicious, healthy tuna melt!





No comments:

Post a Comment