A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Peanut butter doggy treats!

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my puppies!!!!
Making them treats is so fun, easy and soooo much cheaper than buying those gourmet treats!
Plus, when I cook food, it is a labor of love! So, this is a labor of love 4 my 4 legged babies!
I took 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons of dry milk powder, 2 1/2 of whole wheat flour(you can use white as well). I mixed all of those ingredients in my kitchen aid mixer until blended. I saw that the "dough"was a little crumbly so, I added about 1/4 cup of water(just to make sure that the dough becomes solid).
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
I then took flour and generously spread it over the counter. Placed the dough on top of the flour and rolled it out with a rolling pin.
I then took a circular cookie cutter and cut out from the dough. I then placed one of their favorite treats on the top of circular cookies and embedded it in the cookie. Once the dough was starting to look like it was almost all used up. I took their bone cookie cutter and made little bones.
Bake for 20-25 min. or until crispy.
Take out of the oven, let sit for about 5 min. then place on a cooling rack for another 5-10 min.

And waalllaaahhhh.. Happy puppies!


No comments:

Post a Comment