A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Greek Chicken

I marinated 2 chicken breasts in light Caesar dressing(I used the brand Ken's), sprinkled with salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika. Let sit for 30 min.
I then took one large skillet and one cast iron skillet and placed on the oven. I will cook the spinach mixture in the skillet and the chicken in the cast iron skillet.
For the spinach..
I took 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil(or you could use olive oil) and added to the pan. I then added 1/2 diced onion and 3/4 bag of baby spinach. Once the spinach has withered a bit, I added 2 sliced of pre-cooked bacon(sliced), and two teaspoons of diced sun-dried tomatoes(If they are packed in oil, run them under hot water to get the oil off)., and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Continue to cook for 3-4 more min. and set the mixture aside.
For the chicken:
In the cast Iron skillet I added enough grape seed oil just to coat the pan and seared the chicken breast on each side for 4 min. All you want is to brown both sides.
Then set aside.
in a baking dish, add the chicken and top with the spinach mixture.
Then top with a little Feta cheese
In the same iron skillet I cooked the chicken in I added 2 palm fulls of panko bread crumbs(about 1/3 cup) and 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Let cook for about 3 min. and then place that mixture over the Greek chicken.
Cook in a pre-heated oven of 425 degrees for 20 min. or until juices run clear.
Take out and serve with my "is it mashed potatoes or Cauliflower" recipe posted on 1/29/11

Happy eating Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment