A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A chicken biscuit even chick-fil-a can not compete with!

The first thing that I did was pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. I used Pillsbury grand biscuits and cooked according to the directions.
While that was cooking I took one chicken breast, pounded it flat with a mallet and seasoned with salt, pepper, chili powder and ground mustard.
Once seasoned I cut the chicken breast into 4 portions. This will allow for the chicken to fit perfectly on the biscuit.
Then I took out 2 bowls. In the first bowl I mixed 1 egg, 1/2 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of water. In the second bowl I mixed 3/4 cups of flour, 1/4 cup of corn meal and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and sugar.
Dredge the chicken pieces in the egg mixture, then the flour mixture and place in a frying pan with oil to just cover the surface of the pan. Cook for about 4 min. per side (depending on how flat you pounded out the chicken) or until done.
Take one of the biscuits, add a slice of your favorite cheese, an egg over medium(so its not too messy), the chicken and some mustard. I think that this recipe resembles Chick-fil-a's so I added pickles too. But if you are like my husband, you might think that sounds gross. I on the other hand.... LOVE IT!!! And waallllaaaaahhhhh Happy breakfast or breakfast for dinner! Happy eating y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment