A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Beef stew with a twist.

I took 1 lb. of cut beef sirloin and placed in a large ziplock bag. I then added enough flower to coat the beef(about 1/3 cup) and shook the bag until the flower was coated evenly along with my favorite seasonings.
Then took the meat and placed in a dutch oven(or use a large skillet) that had 2 tblsp.s of oil(I use grapeseed) and mixed until browned.
while the meat was browning I cut up 1 russet potato, 1 sweet pepper(green, red or yellow), 1 onion, 3 carrots, 2 jalepenos(optional) and 2 stalks of celery.
Once the meat was browned I added the veggies, 1 (10oz.) can of tomatoes, 1/4 can of beef broth, 2 cups of water and 1 pkg. of McCormicks seasoning... see below.
Once the potatoes were about done(about 30-4 min). I added an 8 oz. can of mushrooms and 2 tablespoons of garlic.
I placed some steamed rice on a plate and topped with the stew, some fresh parsley and a little bit of parmesean cheese and a slice of garlic bread. . And Walllaaahhhh! Happy eating y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment