A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My hubby's fav. sweet potato pie

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cups of sugar

5 oz. evaporated milk

a pinch of salt

2 beaten eggs.

a pinch of cinnamon

1 29 oz. can yams

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 unbaked pie shell (I prefer the Pillsbury pie crusts. They come in a set of 2. They are where the ref. biscuits are in the grocery store)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If you have a mixer.. add te butter and sugar first.when it looks like the consistency of Feta cheese, add the yams and the rest of the ingredients until mixed. Pour into the pie shell and bake 15 min at 400 degrees than lower the heat to 350 and cook until a toothpick comes out clean(about 20-30 min).

FYI.. Before I started purchasing ceramic and glassware, I used the round tin ones.. I really suggest you use ceramic or glass. It makes a HUGE difference in the crust as well as the pie.. I'm just sayin... Happy Thanksgiving ya'll... I will post my banana pudding in a bit!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment