A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Make leftovers taste like a whole new dish!

 So,I have been watching all of the food shows to get some ideas on dishes for the thanksgiving leftovers(and boy oh boy do I have some left overs. There were 2 tv personalities that made a similar dish(emmeril and Rachel ray). I like both of their dishes for different reasons. So, what did I do??? What I do best.. mixed them together to make my own!

Take out your waffle iron and spray with butter spray(the reason I did this was so there would be a crispy edge. Take spoonfuls of  your leftover dressing(I make sausage dressing so, I think that this recipe marries well). While you are making your dressing waffle, cook up an egg how you like it(i did over easy). Take your left over turkey or ham,(I did turkey for me and ham for the hubby)as well as the gravy and heat up. If either of  the meats seem kinda dry. Take some chicken stock, heat on the stove and just dip them on both sides... its like they are fresh out of the oven... or in my case fresh off the smoker.

Take your dressing waffle, top with your egg, turkey or ham and gravy....wwwwaaaaalllllllaaaaaa a beautiful a tasty brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment