A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Stuffed peppers




This recipe is not only quick and easy, it really has endless options!

Before I give you my recipe on this version of stuffed peppers, let me give you 2 basic hints when stuffing any pepper.

First.... If your peppers do not stand upright on a dish, take a knife and slightly cut the bottom to make the peppers flat.

Second... Before you stuff your peppers, Blanch them in boiling water for 3-4 min.


Place the peppers on a oven safe dish and begin to stuff!! He He! The possibilities are truly endless.
What I did is....

I took 1 lb. of 97% lean ground beef and browned with 1/2 white onion, garlic and a small can of mushrooms.
In a separate sauce pan I warmed up a can of diced tomatoes mixed with a can of Meatloaf sauce.




Once the beef is browned, I spooned some of the mixture in the peppers. Then I just started a layering process. I did the meat mixture, sauce, cheese, and repeated until full.





I then placed in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 min.(or until the skin on the peppers start to blister). I then topped with cheese and moved the oven to a high broil for 3-4 min. so the cheese could get nice and crispy. And waaaalllllaaahhhh! Easy dinner y'all! Happy eating!









No comments:

Post a Comment