A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Chicken, veggie & rice soup





Well it's been a while since I've posted and I apologize for that I have the camera mishap & I hurt my foot. But, i am so glad to be back with y'all!


Let me go ahead and start by saying that this is a wonderful diet recipe! It is a great go too for lunch. I make the entire recipe put the amount that I want in the refrigerator and freeze the rest. It will last in the freezer for up to one month. In a large Dutch oven or pot I combined 32 ounces of chicken stock, 2 (10 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes, one half of a whole shredded cabbage, one zucchini chopped, one onion chopped, two celery stocks chopped, two carrots chopped (or parsnip), and two jalapeƱos chopped (which is optional). Bring to boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.



 I then added one whole roasted chicken(skin removed and shredded), along with half a cup of cilantro,a tablespoon of cumin,and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Then simmer for 10 or 15 minutes or until all of the chicken is heated through and then if desired serve with rice. And waaaallahhh, happy eating ya'll!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment