A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A tuna melt to "MELT" over!

My go to for an easy dinner is some type of panini or sandwich. I also always try to switch it up a little bit. If you ask me......????? Tonight, I hit it out of the park!!! Or should I say "TOUCHDOWN"!!!
I took 2 cans of albacore tuna(drained) and placed in a large bowl. Then I added the following....
1/3 stalk of celery(diced and including the leaves)
1/4 onion(diced)
1 small sweet red pepper(diced)
1 teaspoon of both ranch dressing and mustard
I mixed all of those ingredients up along with a dash of pepper, dried dill weed and season salt.
I took whole wheat cilbata bread(recipe makes 2 sandwiches)and sprayed with I can't believe its not butter(on the sides that will be on the panini press or skillet)
Placed a slice of Swiss cheese, a slice of pre-cooked bacon, the tuna mixture, one campari tomato(sliced) and to top it off........ One fresh basil leaf!!!
Top with the other half of the bread. Place on he panini press or skillet and cook each side for 4-5 min. per side.
Serve with some sweet potato fries and waaallllaaaaahhh! Happy eating y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment