A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

A few picks of the week!



I admit, I don't always do a pick of the week. I try, but I always want something new and fresh. Something that has never caught my eye before. That can be hard in a grocery store full of the same ol', same ol'! Well, this week I have found a few good finds! One is for the sweet tooth, another is for the fruit crazed and the last is for the spicy foodie! Here they are....
1st...  the sweet(or should I say sour) tooth
jolly rancher crunch and chew!!! I am not a sweets type of person. I am more on the savory side. BUT, if I do eat candy, its something sour. I love these b.c unlike most ppl. I bite right into those hard candies! Outside of the obvious sugar reasons..... sooooo bad for your teeth. There new product is hard on the outside but like a starburst on the inside! If you like sour candy, it is a MUST TRY!!!

2nd.... a new fruit that I found.... Korean pears!!!!!

Every once in awhile I love to go to my local asian market. If you don't frequent your local markets, I really suggest you try it! You can really find some great things! Well, this find was not inexpensive(2.99 a pear!!!!!!), but, it was very worth the price! As you can see, it looks like an apple on the outside and a pear on the inside. It is a very delicious fruit! Will I be purchasing them often? Not at that price, but they looked so good that I had to try it. And, I am not disappointed. Its a great, healthy splurge every now and again!

For the final find.....
This product has "heated" its way into my heart! It combines 2 things that I love the most... Spice and cheese! Most woman love chocolate. I love cheese! Cheese is my chocolate! And being from Texas, how can I not love spicy food? Well if you feel the same way, this is a product for you....
Cabot hot habanero cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, they are here in America and all of the farmers own a part of the company(even better)!
So, there are some of my favorite picks for this week!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment