A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Who loves P.F Changs??!! I do!! Check this recipe out!

Living in a military town, I don't get to go to P.F Chang's as much as I would like. It is about an hour away. So, when I found this recipe... I was soooo excited! I have posted a copy of their lettuce wrap recipe b4(and will again). This is their Mongolian Beef and garlic noodles!!!! I KNOW!!!!!!!! YUMMY!
I have to say that these are not my recipes. they are from Ron Douglas. I changed a few things here and there, but I will post the recipe as written...
Mongolian beef:
sauce
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
3/4 packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 lb. flank steak
1/4 cup of cornstarch
1 cup vegetable oil
2 large green onions sliced
do ahead: To make the sauce, heat the 2 teaspoons veg. oil in a med. saucepan and saute the ginger and garlic, stirring constantly. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the brown sugar, soy sauce and 1/2 cup of water. Dissolve the brown sugar by whisking vigorously. Bring the mixture to a boil and let the sauce thicken, then set it aside until ready to use. Slice the flank steak into 1/4" thick pieces. coat each piece lightly in the cornstarch and refrigerate for 10 min. Heat 1 cup veg. oil in a wok or large skillet. add the beef, working in batches, and fry until each piece is slightly golden brown. Remove to paper towels and let drain. Heat the wok oer med. heat and return all the meat to stir-fry for 1 min. add the sauce and simmer for 1 min. then add the green onions.Stir fry for another min. then transfer to a serving platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment