A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A very moist Chocolate cake

I have never claimed to be a baker.. lol but I do try! Although I am not the cake boss when it comes to presentation(I'm working on it..lol) I do know how to make an easy, moist and very delicious cake!
I took a pkg. of Chocolate cake mix, I made according to the directions but I added a pkg. of dry chocolate pudding mix. This is KEY to a moist cake! I then baked the cake in (2) 9" round pans(sprayed with cooking spray), and cooked for about 50 min. (or until you can poke a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean).
While the cake is cooling I made a chocolate pudding(according to direction). A great hint here...... I used chocolate milk to make the chocolate pudding!!!!
Place The cake from one pan on a cake dish, top with pudding and top with the other cake.
I then took a tub of vanilla whip cream and a tub of strawberry icing and mixed together. I then added about 7 drops of red food coloring to make the pink really come alive.
Then I iced the cake, placed in the fridge for 30 min., then placed chocolates from a small valentines day box, took Oreo icing and lined the top of the cake and then placed cake pearls...
Like I said..... I am no cake boss, but the flavor is AMAZING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment