A recipe is just a recipe until you add that KEY ingredient! Welcome to Key recipes!

Monday, November 28, 2011

salmon wth marmalade dijon glaze

 


Ok,so Thanksgiving is over.  I am trying to get back to healthy. I still have leftovers so you may see some more revamped turkey recipes (lol), but I was craving some good ol' salmon and veggies.


For the Salmon ( I got this recipe from healthy cooking magazine and have been waiting to make it):


1/2 cup orange marmalade


1 tablespoon Dijon mustard


1/2 teaspoon salt


1/2 pepper


1/8 teaspoon ground ginger


4 (6oz) salmon fillets


In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and set aside 1/4 of a cup. brush the remaining glaze over the salmon.


you can pan sear but I use an indoor grill(it's a pan that has rivets, also known as a Panini press).oil the surface of the pan or Panini press(i use olive oil). cook over medium heat for 10-12 min. or until the fish flakes easily wh  fork, baste occasionally with the remaining glaze.


For the veggies:


I took one bunch of broccoli, 1/2 a sweet onion,1 pkg. of mushrooms and 5 mini sweet peppers(they are not hot. They are basically mini red, orange and yellow bell peppers). I steamed the veggies. In a separate bowl I took about a tablespoon of hoisin sauce, a tablespoon of siracha, a tablespoon of sweet chile sauce and about 3 tablespoons of  a fat fee toasted sesame soy and ginger salad dressing. Once the veggies were steamed(about 7 min.), I took my "dressing", poured it over te veggies and


WWWWAAAAALLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA


A Great (and for the most part),really healthy meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment